Update, Sept. 10, 2019
• Find details about our 2020 contest here.
• We have announced the winners of the 2019 contest.
We’ve been publishing a Word of the Day every school day since 2009, and in 2013, just as we were about to hit 1,000 words, we announced our first Vocabulary Video Contest.
We liked the results so much that we’ve brought it back every year since.
Now, as our collection of words approaches 2,000, we’re once again inviting you to create a short video that defines or teaches the word of your choice.
You have until Feb. 20 at 7 a.m. Eastern time to enter. All the rules and regulations, as well as some inspiration from past winners, are below.
As we like to remind you each year: Tenacity + a desire to edify + an enterprising nature – sloth = a beguiling result.
Q. I’m in! What are the rules and guidelines?
A. All words must come from our Word of the Day feature. Here is a PDF of all 1,965 words we have published through Jan. 17, 2019. (And check it out: all the Words we published between Jan. 2 and Jan. 17, 2019 have a winning student-made video at the top to inspire you.)
• Each word must be pronounced and defined, and the part of speech must be given. Please don’t forget; every year we have to disqualify many who fail to heed this rule.
• All definitions must come from either the Word of the Day or Vocabulary.com. If there are several definitions, you may use just the first one if you like.
• New for 2019: Our age ranges have changed slightly in response to new data-protection rules in the European Union. Students in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom must be between 13 and 19 years old to participate. However, you must be between 16 and 19 years old if you are submitting from anywhere else in the world. Please see The New York Times Terms of Service for more details.
• You can work alone, with a partner or in a group, but only one submission per student, please, whether you’re working alone or with others.
• Your video should be no more than 15 seconds, but can be shorter.
• Post your video on YouTube, then post a link to that video in our comments section, along with the name or names of everyone who worked on it. Include the name of your school if you like. Please make sure you make your submission public so that we can see it without a password, and that you abide by the YouTube Terms of Service. (For example, please note what those Terms of Service have to say about the use of copyrighted music or sound effects and, instead, find royalty-free music and sound effects on Bensound or Freesound, or by using audio editing software to create your own music or sound effects.)
And yes, we will only judge those videos posted to YouTube, not other services, since only YouTube videos easily embed in our system.
• Use your imagination. You can act the word out, animate it, use puppets, draw, sing a song, create a dance, incorporate photographs, create a Claymation, or anything else that will help viewers understand and learn your word.
• The contest ends on Feb. 20 at 7 a.m. Eastern time.
Q. Where can I look for inspiration?
A. Your first stop should be the posts featuring our 2018, 2017, 2016 , 2014 and 2013 winners. (Though we’re sorry to say that some of the videos on our older site, The Learning Network blog, can no longer be viewed.)
And if you’d like to learn more about developing vocabulary through multimodal expression, you might read some of the work of Prof. Bridget Dalton. In this article for Literacy Beat, she describes the step-by-step process she went through with her graduate students to have them create short videos.
Q. How can I choose a word, then learn enough about it to make a video?
A. To choose your word, you can scroll through our Word of the Day feature. Or, you can scan this lengthy PDF list of all 1,965 words we published through January 2019. (Teachers, you might choose the specific words from that list that you would like your students to use.)
Next, look up the word by putting it into the search field at the top of our Word of the Day section. Read the entry to learn its definition, see how it has been used in The Times, and take a quick quiz to ensure you understand it.
You might next head to the Vocabulary.com Dictionary, where you’ll find a friendly explanation and a rich supply of authentic usage examples from both current and classic sources.
Take a look at the entries for gnarled and disenfranchise — both from the Word of the Day — as examples. Once you have a handle on the word’s meaning and how it is commonly used, you can start to think about the most effective way to define or teach that word in a 15-second video.
Thank you for participating. Remember, post the link to your YouTube video, along with the name or names of all those who worked on it, in the comments field.
You can also post your questions there, or write to LNFeedback@nytimes.com.
And to find many other student challenges we’ll be featuring on our site this year, check out our 2018-19 contest calendar.B:
六和宝典资料大全“【明】【国】【摄】【政】【王】？” 【幕】【府】【第】【三】【代】【将】【军】【德】【川】【家】【光】【完】【全】【懵】【了】，【要】【知】【道】，【李】【信】【是】【摄】【政】【王】，【在】【他】【的】【理】【解】【中】，【地】【位】【同】【等】【于】【他】【这】【个】【征】【夷】【大】【将】【军】，【掌】【握】【国】【之】【重】【器】，【哪】【能】【轻】【易】【乱】【跑】？ 【但】【更】【令】【他】【担】【心】【的】【是】，【李】【信】【是】【什】【么】【人】？ 【德】【川】【家】【光】【虽】【然】【搞】【闭】【关】【锁】【国】，【却】【不】【代】【表】【对】【身】【边】【的】【庞】【大】【邻】【居】【不】【关】【心】，【李】【信】【平】【灭】【国】【内】**，【监】【禁】【崇】【祯】，【大】【败】【西】
【雄】【风】【大】【楼】。 【总】【裁】【办】【公】【室】【里】，【卿】【玉】【暖】【坐】【在】【那】【张】【专】【门】【为】【她】【添】【置】【的】【办】【公】【桌】【后】，【面】【前】【的】【电】【脑】【上】【还】【有】【工】【作】【未】【完】【成】，【她】【却】【似】【乎】【坐】【立】【难】【安】，【眸】【光】【再】【一】【次】【朝】【不】【远】【处】【看】【去】。 【落】【地】【窗】【前】【那】【张】【巨】【大】【的】【办】【公】【桌】【后】【空】【荡】【荡】【的】，【好】【几】【天】【了】，【那】【里】【都】【空】【无】【一】【人】，【好】【不】【容】【易】【盼】【到】【他】【出】【差】【回】【来】【的】【那】【一】【天】，【却】【仍】【不】【见】【踪】【影】。 【卿】【玉】【暖】【狠】【狠】【咬】【了】【咬】【牙】，【如】【果】【不】【是】
【没】【错】，【亚】【瑟】【感】【受】【到】【雷】【丘】【的】【见】【闻】【色】【并】【不】【是】【正】【常】【的】【见】【闻】【色】，【而】【正】【是】【他】【所】【熟】【悉】【的】【心】【网】。 “【心】【网】？【那】【是】【什】【么】？”【斯】【慕】【吉】【不】【解】【道】。 【虽】【然】【她】【知】【道】【亚】【瑟】【的】【见】【闻】【色】【霸】【气】【能】【预】【知】【未】【来】，【但】【对】【于】【亚】【瑟】【的】【心】【网】【她】【并】【没】【接】【触】【过】，【亚】【瑟】【也】【没】【有】【主】【动】【告】【诉】【她】【过】，【所】【以】【她】【并】【不】【知】【道】【心】【网】【是】【什】【么】！ 【在】【亚】【瑟】【给】【他】【简】【单】【的】【解】【释】【了】【一】【下】【心】【网】【之】【后】。
【微】【风】【环】【绕】【体】【表】，【一】【步】【跨】【出】【十】【几】【米】，【耳】【畔】【没】【有】【空】【气】【的】【尖】【啸】，【也】【感】【受】【不】【到】【风】【刀】【割】【面】【的】【刺】【疼】，【速】【度】【徒】【增】【一】【倍】，【卡】【里】【古】【拉】【兴】【奋】【地】【嗷】【嗷】【叫】【唤】，【迈】【开】【双】【腿】【全】【力】【狂】【奔】，【仿】【若】【在】【林】【地】【间】【飞】【行】。 【维】【克】【多】【是】【真】【的】【在】【飞】【行】，【一】【只】【手】【扣】【住】【卡】【里】【古】【拉】【的】【肩】【膀】，【轻】【如】【柳】【絮】，【足】【不】【点】【地】，【被】【傻】【大】【个】【带】【着】【向】【前】【飘】【飞】。 【一】【株】【株】【参】【天】【巨】【树】【在】【眼】【中】【快】【速】【倒】【退】
“【长】【乐】，【长】【乐】，【你】【醒】【一】【醒】，【你】【醒】【一】【醒】。”【是】【谁】？【是】【谁】【在】【叫】【我】？【又】【是】【谁】【在】【叫】【我】，【不】【要】【叫】【我】【了】，【不】【要】【叫】【我】【了】，【求】【求】【你】【们】【不】【要】【叫】【我】【了】。 “【长】【乐】，【长】【乐】，【醒】【一】【醒】，【长】【乐】。【听】【我】【说】，【长】【乐】，【睁】【开】【眼】【睛】，【是】【我】，【长】【乐】，【听】【话】。”【一】【声】【声】【急】【促】【的】【呼】【喊】【声】，【在】【长】【乐】【耳】【朵】【旁】【不】【断】【的】【响】【动】【着】，【如】【同】【鼓】【槌】【一】【般】【敲】【打】【在】【长】【乐】【本】【来】【就】【已】【经】【很】【脆】【弱】【的】六和宝典资料大全【克】【拉】【冈】【心】【绪】【上】【的】【短】【暂】【自】【得】【并】【没】【有】【持】【续】【很】【久】，【作】【为】【这】【只】【狩】【奴】【队】【的】【首】【领】，【还】【有】【更】【值】【得】【思】【考】【的】【事】【情】【在】【等】【着】【他】。 【就】【和】【表】【现】【出】【来】【的】【情】【况】【一】【样】，【他】【们】【其】【实】【是】【被】【困】【在】【这】【里】【了】。【克】【拉】【冈】【虽】【然】【年】【轻】，【但】【是】【办】【事】【极】【有】【头】【脑】，【在】【其】【的】【精】【心】【谋】【划】【下】，【这】【片】【山】【野】【之】【间】【的】【好】【几】【处】【兽】【人】【村】【落】【都】【被】【其】【成】【功】【攻】【破】，【其】【中】【还】【包】【括】【一】【个】【德】【莱】【尼】【人】【的】【村】【庄】，【战】【果】【颇】
【亲】【爱】【的】【花】【粉】【们】， 《【再】【生】【花】【的】【秘】【语】》【已】【经】【连】【载】【完】【了】，【感】【谢】【大】【家】94【天】【的】【持】【续】【关】【注】，【特】【此】【奉】【上】【故】【事】【梗】【概】【一】【篇】，【既】【可】【以】【让】【大】【家】【重】【温】【整】【个】【情】【节】，【也】【是】【作】【为】【我】【本】【人】【创】【作】【心】【得】【交】【流】【的】【一】【部】【分】。【此】【外】，【也】【为】【一】【些】【初】【读】【者】【提】【供】【了】【一】【个】【评】【判】【该】【文】【是】【否】【可】【读】【的】【资】【料】。【如】【果】“【花】【花】”【是】【你】【的】【菜】，【就】【请】【毫】【不】【犹】【豫】【地】【带】【它】【上】【架】【吧】！ 【【题】【记】】
【风】【雪】【对】【这】【回】【答】【很】【不】【满】【意】，【气】【鼓】【鼓】【问】：“【只】【是】【比】【她】【好】【看】？” 【顾】【铭】【机】【灵】，【立】【马】【改】【口】：“【不】！【你】【比】【这】【世】【上】【的】【任】【何】【女】【孩】【都】【好】【看】。” 【两】【人】【微】【笑】【对】【视】，【彼】【此】【的】【眼】【睛】【里】【都】【只】【有】【对】【方】，【空】【气】【里】【也】【弥】【散】【一】【抹】【甜】【味】。 【此】【时】，【许】【成】【语】【还】【不】【知】【道】【陆】【思】【的】【心】【境】【变】【化】，【他】【沉】【默】【着】【走】【过】【来】【时】，【恰】【好】【听】【到】【这】【两】【人】【的】【对】【话】。【他】【知】【道】，【自】【己】【和】【陆】【思】【还】
【凌】【峰】【岭】【哼】【了】【一】【声】，【眼】【睛】【瞪】【得】【高】【高】【的】。【他】【根】【本】【没】【有】【把】【紫】【蕊】【放】【在】【眼】【里】。【他】【说】，“【这】【只】【是】【一】【个】【医】【药】【家】【族】【的】【信】【阿】【徒】。【你】【想】【在】【这】【里】【发】【疯】【吗】?” 【凌】【峰】【不】【傻】! 【姚】【总】【偶】【尔】【听】【到】【过】【应】【该】【是】【一】【种】【力】【量】，【这】【从】**【脸】【上】【震】【惊】【的】【表】【情】【就】【可】【以】【看】【出】【来】。【因】【此】，【如】【果】【他】【以】【灵】【武】【学】【院】【弟】【子】【的】【身】【份】【出】【现】，【必】【然】【会】【给】【灵】【武】【学】【院】【带】【来】【很】【大】【的】【麻】【烦】。 【但】
“【想】【偷】【袭】，【受】【死】【吧】！” 【唐】【果】【果】【大】【喝】【一】【声】，【身】【形】【一】【跃】【而】【起】，【大】【刀】【直】【接】【砍】【向】【那】【头】【高】【阶】【丧】【尸】。 “【吼】，【人】【类】，【吃】【了】【你】！” 【那】【头】【高】【阶】【丧】【尸】【发】【现】【暴】【露】【之】【后】，【也】【是】【不】【再】【掩】【饰】，【直】【接】【扑】【了】【上】【来】。 【唐】【果】【果】【和】【高】【阶】【丧】【尸】【激】【斗】【在】【一】【起】【的】【时】【候】，【其】【他】【几】【个】【方】【位】【也】【是】【出】【现】【了】【高】【阶】【丧】【尸】，【不】【过】【这】【些】【高】【阶】【丧】【尸】【很】【聪】【明】，【并】【没】【有】【直】【接】【扑】【上】【来】